We are building sustainable earthquake resistant housing village for earthquake affected families in Syria.
- Dedicated to those in Need: Enduring 12 years of conflict, displacements, and earthquake aftermath, Syrians have suffered immensely.
- Sustainable: We’re now focused on sustainable solutions to help hundreds of Syrian families imagine a brighter future. This means enabling work, learning, and community development.
- Safe: To achieve this, the first crucial step is providing safe housing – a basic need that sets the stage for progress.
- Small income-generating projects: The residents of the village will be provided with various job opportunities within different sectors that will guarantee them their daily sustenance and will have the chance to build their future and the future of their children.
- 500 Homes: In Northwestern Syria’s Akhtarin, Hayat Village is the only earthquake-resistant village built to international standards.
It’s more than just a place to live. Hayat Village is a sustainable and eco friendly community designed to be self-reliant and empowering to its inhabitants to become sufficient and independent without relying on humanitarian aids.
- Families will no longer live in tents or overcrowded camps. They will be able to enjoy the comfort and safety of their own houses which are carefully constructed to ensure maximum resistance to earthquakes.
- Children can happily explore and have fun playing in the gardens surrounding the houses with ample green spaces.
- Neighbors and friends can reconnect and socialize in the recreational areas, and can also enjoy shopping in the commercial complex that offers a range of retail stores.
- They will have access to quality education, health care, water, sanitation, and livelihood opportunities.
- The residents of the village will be able to work in projects in the village, such as agriculture and others, to provide them with a sustainable future that does not need to depend on constant humanitarian aid.
Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said: “Whoever relieves a Muslim of a burden from the burdens of the world, Allah will relieve him of a burden from the burdens of the Hereafter.”